A video-editing app for amateurs that makes awesome videos.
On a recent trip to Machu Picchu, our guide produced a video with highlights of the trip--while on the bus heading back to the hotel. The video was awesome, with music and transitions, which made it look like he spent hours putting it together.
That is when I was introduced to my newest favorite app, Magisto. It’s really easy to make a creative, professional looking video. You select photos and videos from your phone, select a theme and song, and Magisto creates a video.
Magisto uses image analysis technology that automatically detects the most interesting part of your image or video and adds effects to the highlights.
The Israel-based company has been in business since 2009 and in 2012 introduced apps for the iPhone and Android devices. Magisto now has over 20 million users and growing.
The Magisto app has a free version, where you can select up to 10 photos or videos. Here’s how to get started.
Step 1 - Decide what photos and videos you want to include in the video
- Organize your photos and videos into an album to make it easier to select photos and videos when using the app.
Step 2 - Download and open the Magisto app
- Select 'create' and 'select footage'. You can also shoot a video right from the app.
Step 3 - Select up to 10 photos or videos
- If you subscribe to premium for $4.99 a month, you can select up to 30 photos or videos.
Step 4 - Select a theme
- Pick a theme to use to create the video. You can’t preview exactly what the theme looks like, but it’s easy to re-create the video using a different theme if you don’t like it.
Step 5 - Select a soundtrack
- Magisto provides music you can use for your video, or you can select a song from your iTunes library.
Step 6 - Add a title to your movie
- You can also change the photos, theme or music. When ready, select ‘Make my movie’.
- Magisto will take 5-10 minutes to complete your movie. They will notify you when it is ready.
Step 7 - Review your movie
- Magisto will let you know when your movie is ready. You can make any adjustments or easily create a new video.
Step 8 - Review your movie and share!
- You can save your movie to your phone, or easily share to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Email, YouTube, Whatsapp and any other messaging app!
As you can see, it’s easy to create an interesting, professional looking video. I’m sure once you get started, you’ll be hooked!